Senior Data Engineer – Remote
The Senior Data Engineer will play a critical role in supporting the company’s Analytics organization. It is preferred that the candidate lives near a corporate office (Newark OH, Oaks PA, Nashville TN, Livonia MI, Ann Arbor MI, Arden Hills MN, or Phoenix AZ) and can occasionally commute to the office post pandemic. The engineer will work closely with a team of data scientists, data visualization developers, and engineers. He or she will be primarily responsible for building and maintaining big data pipeline systems that are used for analytics: reporting, data visualization, predictive models, etc. We are looking for a candidate that has a start-up mentality and is comfortable rolling up their sleeves and learning new technology based on the business’ changing demands.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or similar
- 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience building and optimizing big data pipelines
- Data management experience in both traditional data warehousing and big data
- Distributed query systems experience with tools such as Presto/Trino, AWS Redshift, Google BigQuery, Snowflake
- Experience working on AWS, GCP or Azure (AWS preferred)
- Strong programming and scripting skills (Python preferred)
- Containerization and orchestration (Docker preferred)
- Ability to translate task/business requirements into written technical requirements
- Ability to troubleshoot and document findings and recommendations
- Ability to communicate risks, problems, and updates to leadership
- Ability to keep up with a rapidly evolving technology space
Our client is the leading provider of consumer receivables communication and payment technology. Its core service offerings include data hygiene and analytics, mail document creation and delivery (via US Mail), multi-channel communications, electronic billing and archival services and online payment tools, all while ensuring compliance with regulatory guidelines.