Job Title: Business Intelligence Analyst Naperville, IL
Ready for the next step on your career journey?
Our Mutual Fund client is seeking a seasoned Business Intelligence Analyst to join their Data Analytics team. The ideal candidate should have a passion for analytics, data and experience within the Asset and Wealth Management and/or Financial Services industry. Their analytics and data engineering teams operate as an engine for tackling cross-functional, high-profile business problems that add value, build new expertise, and establish innovative, competitive advantages for our business partners. They are looking for you to be a thought-leader, building solutions from the ground up, and advancing our business intelligence capabilities to be industry changing. You will engage in developing and marketing a variety of business intelligence solutions and capabilities that will deliver impactful results to help drive sales and insights.
- Work collaboratively with our business partners to understand business needs and objectives, then design and deploy business intelligence solutions and models to solve relevant business issues using appropriate data strategy methods and business intelligence tools.
- Design and develop Business intelligence data schemas, and models, for advanced reporting.
- Design and develop Power BI reports, dashboards, KPIs, Power App.`s and ad-hoc day-to-day data extracts.
- Manage the day-to-day administration and support functions of our business intelligence solutions.
- Leverage experience working with many types of data, including unstructured and structured, to support analytics.
- Identify key data requirements and acquire data; harmonize, rescale, and cleanse data for statistical techniques.
- Lead business intelligence projects, or the analytics portion of projects, by communicating and reporting status to key business stakeholders, including status, budget, risks, issues, etc.
- Advance new ideas and bring relevant business intelligence methods to Calamos Investments, to support and grow analytics across the company.
- Partner with business stakeholders and technologist to implement, automate, operationalize business intelligence, and ad-hoc, reporting into day-to-day business decision making.
- MS or Bachelors’ degree with equivalent experience Business Analytics and Data Science, or related disciplines such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research is preferred.
- A minimum of 7+ years of experience working in business intelligence and data analytics.
- Asset and Wealth Management experience and/or Financial Service exposure are preferred.
- Technical experience in ETL tools (Informatica, IBM DataStage, Azure Data Factory, etc.), database platforms (Azure), and business intelligence reporting tools (Tableau, IBM Cognos, Power BI).
- Experience with the Microsoft SQL Server platform (2016 or later) is required.
- Good knowledge of standard concepts, best practices, and procedures within a data warehousing and Business Intelligence (BI) environment.
- Experience performing complex data migration, and mining, to and from disparate data. Systems, platforms as well as to and from Azure cloud services i.e., data lake, data bricks etc.
- Proven expertise with programming languages such as Python is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with multivariate analytic techniques such as linear and logistic regression, decision tree, cluster and factor analysis, time-series forecasting methods etc.
- Desire to work across our core business teams including but not limited to Sales, Marketing, Investment Management etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to be able to work with business partners and present to C-level executives, and strong ability to communicate analytical findings to business stakeholders.
- Solid project management methodology background, including agile, schedule, scope, issue, and risk management experience, change management, strategic planning, and analysis.
Excellent organizational and communication skills to work in a fast-paced environment and manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.