Data Warehouse Architect – Remote
Job Summary: The Data Warehouse Architect role will provide extensive technical architecture and development expertise supporting full lifecycle development of applications as well as modifications to existing systems and applications that emphasize maintainability, reliability, scalability, and performance in the delivery of the company’s integrated health and performance solutions. The Data Architect will work across the company supporting our client solutions and work directly with DBAs, ETL developers, Software Engineers and Project Managers.
- Design overall data integration, data warehousing, business intelligence and data security standards and solutions for RevSpring businesses according to best practices and internal standards
- Design data integration solutions with external partners that satisfy real-time integration needs of our customers.
- Ensure data security approaches satisfy internal compliance policies and are PCI/DSS and HIPAA compliant.
- Develop and document technical requirements and solutions
- Interact with product owner(s) and Technical Leads to estimate development efforts and ensure accurate requirements fulfillment
- Interact with cross-functional teams to ensure complete delivery of solutions
- Assist in release management activities of OLTP databases, Business Intelligence solutions using analytics and reporting tools and data warehouses.
- Participate in daily meetings and regular planning and review sessions (using Scrum / Agile methodology)
- Proficiency with SQL, relational databases, and ETL tools and techniques. Experience with Pentaho Data Integration a plus.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of operating systems and related data integration tools such as Secure FTP servers and job schedulers.
- Lead data warehouse design and ETL and SQL code reviews.
- Embrace the Company Values:
- Empowered To Act
- Committed to Excellence
- Own It
- Do The Right Thing
- Earn Trust
- Education: BA or BS Degree in Finance or Accounting, CPA Certification
- Experience: 5-10 years experience
- Supervision: None
- Specific Job Skills:
- Extensive experience with very large data bases.
- Must be highly motivated, a quick learner, to work independently or on a team and drive solutions with minimal supervision.
- Experience with full Software Development Lifecycle methodologies including Agile and LEAN
- Flexible: capable of juggling multiple priorities and willing to do what it takes to meet critical deadlines.
- Effective communicator: able to work with executives, engineers, managers, web/API/database developers, QA testers, internal customers and external partners.
- Strong written communication skills including design documentation, proof of concept and prototype analysis and documentation.
- Expert level understanding of relational database concepts, dimensional database concepts and database architecture and design.
- Deep understanding of data warehouse approaches, industry standards and industry best practices.
- Expert SQL and database tuning skills for multiple platforms, particularly Microsoft SQL.
- 7-10 years total experience with large database systems including 3-5 years working as an Architect for software development, database and Business Intelligence Solutions.
- Experience with leading ETL tools (Pentaho)