Provide architectural oversight and direction for the development and management of the cloud infrastructure for Company’s solutions. Perform software tasks of a highly complex nature which require extensive research and analysis. Be recognized as a technical subject matter expert in cloud strategy and development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Design, develop and manage the software product cloud architecture. Assume a leadership role in evangelizing, educating and leading teams in the implementation of those architectures.
Be recognized and act as a technical expert in cloud development.
Perform security risk analyses, including risk mitigation and management.
Provide technical advice to other departments within the company, typically Research & Design, Quality Engineering and Software Engineering.
Actively manage and seek continuous improvement in our cloud development efforts; identify and remove barriers to efficient and quality driven development.
Effectively communicate with upper-level management, third party development teams and other departments regarding the status and direction of our cloud infrastructure.
Assist in the management of vendor relationships with Cloud Service Providers.
Work with project manager to develop estimates and create backlog for software development tasks.
Act as a required reviewer on pull requests from other developers and provide timely and appropriate feedback.
Provide oversight and act as a mentor to other technical leads on projects, as necessary.
Assist customer facing departments with sales and support issues.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, IT or a closely related discipline or equivalent experience. Cloud architecture certification preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive commercial software development experience.
- Possess a high level of expertise across cloud platform technologies.
- Experience designing and developing resilient, performant multi-tenant and single-tenant applications.
- Extensive experience defining and developing cloud infrastructure to support commercial software applications, and in cloud migration.
- Experience in risk analyses and planning.
- Experience in time management regarding project completion.
- High working knowledge of Linux, Microsoft Windows, and/or macOS.
The following are also desirable:
- Experience with common architectural design patterns across a wide range of technical problems.
- Strong working knowledge of database technologies (Relational and/or NoSQL).
- Hands on experience with edge / IoT applications and system design.
- Experience with Networking technologies and security.
- Expertise with the Azure cloud platform technologies, preferred experience with AWS and/or Google Cloud.
- Experience with source control systems such as Git, Mercurial, SVN, or CVS.
- Experience using an agile development process.
- Ability to write and maintain unit tests and familiarity with testing frameworks such as Jest, Google Test, NUnit.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work well in a team of skilled software professionals with the ability to build consensus for new practices and technologies.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to all areas and levels of the organization.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently and to discern the relevancies, applicability, and usefulness of those technologies to the firm.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and solve complex technical problems.
- Ability and desire to lead teams and projects, and to mentor other software engineers.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language.
Receive direct supervision from the Manager, Software Architecture and Design and your project manager regarding work activities.
Mentor other software engineers and lead project teams as assigned by the Manager, Software Architecture and Design.